Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Bed

We've been trying to keep the windows upstairs open and the air conditioner off this summer -- not difficult, since Toronto has been so cool and rainy this summer so far. But Chip seems to get pretty hot during the night, so I starting thinking about ways to help keep him cool. There are some "cooling" beds on the market, but I was afraid he would rip them open and eat anything that was in them to keep them cool.

Our shower upstairs is made of natural stone, and Chip started slipping into the bathroom when we weren't looking. We found him a few times sprawled out on the cool stone, which gave me an idea. I went to the home renovation store, Rona, and bought eight 12" x 12" polished granite tiles and laid them out on plywood next to my bed. Chip loves sleeping on them! They are nice and cool and smooth, and don't seem to move around on the plywood. He's happy -- and I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment