Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Guess Who?

I just finished reading two of Dr. Patricia McConnell's books -- The Other End of the Leash and For the Love of a Dog. Now I'm totally scared that I am going to mess up Chip! I read about all the emotional and behavioral problems dogs can have, and how vitally important those first six months are in a dog's development. What if I can't keep Chip away from traumatic experiences? What if Chip and Max don't get along? What if I misread Chip's emotional signals? Arghhhh!!! It's a good thing I've never had a baby -- I would be completely neurotic (more than now).

Chip is now enrolled in the Puppy class at D.O.G. Sports Centre. The centre comes highly recommended by my vet, Barb, whom I called in a little panic yesterday. Chip will start class the week after he comes home with me. After Puppy class, we'll check out the Obedience classes, and eventually Agility.

So... I'm making a list of things to pack for the trip to Wisconsin next week to go pick up Chip. Hopefully I won't need my boots -- we got about 10 cm of snow here yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment